|Hair||Long, straight, blonde|
|Allies||Miles Halter, Chip Martin, Takumi, Lara|
|Appearances||Looking for Alaska|
Alaska Young is a supporting character in the book Looking for Alaska.
Alaska is the wild, moody, unpredictable and enigmatic girl who captures Miles' attention and heart from the first time he meets her. She acts as a confidant to her friends, frequently assisting them in personal matters, as well as dealing in cigarettes and alcohol.
Miles Halter is instantly attracted to her, but unfortunately Alaska has a long distance boyfriend (Jake). Alaska is the type to always have a boyfriend. She is experienced with boys.
Alaska declared in the book that she does not have a home. She never wants to go visit home and stays at Culver Creek during most holidays. She convinces Pudge to stay with her at school over Thanksgiving. Alaska is very flirty and forward with Miles, but tried her hardest to not let things get beyond the flirting stage, because she loves her boyfriend.
Alaska has a fake ID, which helps her get Strawberry Hill wine and cigarettes from town. She buries the wine at the soccer field so it's never found. Miles is the only person to know about where Alaska stashes her wine.
She was killed in a fatal car crash after attempting to go and put flowers on her mother's grave she forgot. She was most likely drunk and upset and crashed into a police car on her way. Everyone at school had thought it was a suicide attempt until Pudge And The Colonel had debunked her so-called Suicide.
- Alaska admits that she was the one who ratted out Paul and Myra. She did it because The Eagle caught her and she needed a way out so she wasn't sent home.
- Alaska was caught smoking with The Colonel, Takumi, and Miles but she and The Colonel take the fall for everyone. This is their way of showing the others that people take the fall if need be.
- Alaska breaks into the Weekday Warrior's dorm rooms to find our their secrets. She and Pudge discover secret porn collections, alcohol stashes (like wine coolers), and a very extensive hair collection which inspires her to try and dye their hair blue by sneaking industrial strength dye into their hair gel bottles.
- Alaska always tries to set up her friends with girlfriends. She decides who their future girlfriend will be before the two have even met. She set up The Colonel with his Weekday Warrior girlfriend (they eventually broke up). She then tries to set up Miles and Lara.
- Does prank with Takumi, Chip Martin, Lara, and Miles where they send out fake report cards with failing grades to "Weekday Warriors'" parents.